Toys on the Naughty (Unsafe) List
It's time to play Santa Clause. You are shopping for your kids or other little ones and you want to make sure the gifts you give are safe. We're gonna help you with that.
Here are some toys you do not want to give according to Dial Global.
Top 10 Worst Toys Of 2012
The consumer toy watchdog group, World Against Toys Causing Harm, Inc. (W.A.T.C.H.) has issued its annual “10 Worst Toys” list naming toys with the potential to cause childhood injuries or even death. This year’s list:
- Magnetic Fishing Game, $1.77, by Kole Imports (choking hazard)
- Inflatable Bongo Ball, $49.99, by Toys R Us (impact injuries)
- Dart Zone Quick Fire 12 dart gun, $19.32, by Prime Time Toys Ltd. (eye injuries)
- Spinner Shark 4-Wheel Kneeboard, $59.97, by FuzionNextsport (impact injuries)
- Explore & Learn Helicopter, $15.99, by V Tech (strangulation hazard)
- N-Force Vendetta Double Sword, $19.99, by Hasbro (impact injuries)
- Water Balloon Launcher, $21.99, by Water Sports LLC (choking hazard, facial injuries)
- Power Rangers Super Samurai Shogun Helmet, $29.99, by Bandai (puncture wound, impact injuries)
- Playful Xylophone, $29.99, by P’Kolino (choking hazard)
- The Avengers Gamma Green Smash Fists, $16.99, by Hasbro (impact injuries)
WATCH’s website, www.toysafety.org, includes a “report card” that documents some of the changes that have come about as a result of the organization’s concerns.