2015 CFMA Cajun Food And Music Festival This Weekend — Entertainment Lineup
It's hard to believe but the 28th annual Cajun French Music Association (CFMA) food and music festival is coming your way this Friday and Saturday July 17th and 18th. Wow 28 years already?
I have close ties with this festival from emceeing the festival with my dad Dave Soileau for a few years to broadcasting live during the festival on Cajun Radio! My dad was also the president of the CFMA Lake Charles chapter for a few years and was heavily involved with the organization until he passed away in 2007. He is also in their Hall of Fame!
Well 28 years later this years festival is set to take place at the Burton Coliseum in Lake Charles and here is the lineup of activities and entertainment.
Friday, July 17
- Doors open at 4:00pm: Arts & Crafts, Great Cajun Foods, Cold Drinks, Cold beer, Cake Walks, Silent Auction, Live Auctions, Sweet Shop
- 5:00-8:00pm: Lesa Cormier & The Sundown Playboys
- 8:00-11:00pm: Jesse Lege & Joel Savoy Cajun Music
Saturday, July 18
- 9:00am: Doors open; Arts & Crafts, Great Cajun Foods, Cold Drinks, Cold beer, Cake Walks, Silent Auction, Live Auctions, Sweet Shop
- 10:00am-noon: LoLo Boudoin & Lakeview Playboys
- 12:15-1:15pm: CFMA Youth Band
- 1:30-4:00pm: Carl Hollier & Crowley Playboys
- 5:00-8:00pm: Chris Miller & Bayou Roots
- 8:00-11:00pm: Geno Delafose & French Rockin Boogie
Sunday, July 19
- 8:00-9:00am: French Mass with French Choir at CFMA Building (3481 E Prien Lake Road)
- 9:00-9:30am: Coffee & donut social
Have a blast and keep the Cajun tradition alive!