Discovery Channel New Show, ‘Ragin’ Cajuns,’ Starts Tonight [VIDEO]
Here comes another reality show about Louisiana folks.
It seems that shows about Louisiana hunters and fisherman are getting huge ratings these days with the success of a little show you may have heard of “Swamp People” which is on the History Channel. Now the Discovery Channel is looking to get in on the act with a new show called “Ragin’ Cajuns”.
It is a show about Louisiana shrimpers from Venice Louisiana set to air tonight January 17th at 9 p.m.
The Discovery Channel will chronicle the lives and hardships of shrimpers from Louisiana and the after effects of hurrucanes Katrina and Rita and the BP oil spill.
Beginning Jan. 17, Discovery will travel down the Mississippi into the Louisiana Bayou in Ragin’ Cajuns, a new series that focuses on white shrimp season.
The unscripted reality series follows a motley crew of blue-collar anglers who are desperate to keep their shrimp boats afloat in the wake of the 2010 oil spill and the fallout from Hurricane Katrina. They come from a little town called Venice in Louisiana.
How are the “Ragin’ Cajuns” and you ready to meet the cast?
- BLIMP, a 400 lb. shrimping rock star with a big heart and a bigger case of bad luck
- ACY COOPER, Cooper patriarch who comes from a long line of LA coast shrimpers
- TRAE COOPER, Acy’s son and a greenhorn captain
- DAR DAR, Acy’s daughter’s long term boyfriend who has yet to agree to marry her
- KIP MARQUIZE, a renegade captain who will try anything to succeed
- WAYLON BURRIS, the “big dog” of shrimping with a tricked out boat
So are you ready for a new series featuring folks from Louisiana? Will you watch the show tonight?