Five Things More Painful Than Childbirth
For thousands of years, women have been told that giving birth is the most painful thing anyone can ever experience, but these people have clearly never had a kidney stone.
I know, I know. Having a baby can be extremely painful, and I promise and I'm definitely not trying to make it sound like a walk in the park, but according to metro.co.uk, there are some pains that are just as bad or even worse than labor.
And, I'm not gonna lie. I think I agree with them, but that's not saying much because I've never given birth, so I can't really compare. I have had a kidney stone, though, and that was unbearable. I literally thought I was dying. The doctor even told me that I handled it well, so having a baby should be a breeze for me. A flipping doctor told me that, so it has to be true, right?
So what pains do metro.co.uk think are more agonizing than childbirth?
- Kidney Stones - See, I told you! Kidney stones are no fun. One mother described the pain feeling "like someone took a white hot poker and was sliding it in and out of my side". Yeah, I'll be good if I never have another kidney stone.
- Toothache - "I cope well with most things (even though I consider myself a wimp) but I would choose childbirth over toothache ANY DAY. I didn’t have the easiest of births, either." When a mother would choose child birth over a toothache, you know it's bad.
- Migraines - If you deal with constant migraines, you know the struggle is real. Migraine can range in severity, but some people have chronic migraines so bad they pass out or have to go to the hospital.
- Trigeminal neuralgia - A doctor described trigeminal neuralgia pain as "That kind of pain where you feel like a knife is stabbing in. Treatment options are limited. There is no epidural coming. There are people who have suicidal ideation or who do commit suicide because of it." Yeah, no thanks, I'll pass on that.
- Gout - Ok, I've never had gout either, but I know people who have, and their experience is enough to make me fear ever crossing paths with that kind of agony. Some people are in so much pain, a bed sheet can't even touch the affected area.
Ok, metro.co.uk, you win. There are definitely a few pains that are probably just as unbearable as child labor but, as a woman, I'm gonna go ahead and keep telling people that child labor is the worst thing imaginable. I mean, what would the world come to if people didn't think women were super heroes for enduring the pain of labor?
Check out eight other pains mothers have found to be worse than childbirth at metro.co.uk.