Forbes Most Overpaid Actors Of 2017
Forbes magazine has released a list of their "Most Overpaid Actors of 2017". There are some huge names on this list, it's definitely a shocker when you look at the figures!
They named Mark Wahlberg the 'Most Overpaid Actor of 2017.' For every dollar he's paid, his movies gross just $4.40. Johnny Depp was #1 the past two years.
What's funny is that these stars are still cast for huge roles in big movies time and time again. You would think the movie studios would move on from a low return from an actor. I mean, I'm sure their in business to make the most return possible....right?
The formula they use is kind of complicated, but basically they looked at the last three live-action movies that a bunch of actors and actresses made, and compared what they were paid with what the 'operating income' ended up being. Also the movies had to be released in at least 2,000 theaters to count.
Here's The Top 5:
1. Mark Wahlberg, returns $4.40 for each dollar paid. His recent disappointments include "Patriots Day" and "Deepwater Horizon".
2. Christian Bale, returns $6.70 for each dollar paid.
3. Channing Tatum, returns $7.60 for each dollar paid. He was also #3 last year.
4. Denzel Washington, returns $10.40 for each dollar paid.
5. Brad Pitt, returns $11.50 for each dollar paid.