Pink Your Profile Pic And Other Simple Ways To Bring Breast Cancer Awareness
Are you ready to rock the Pink? Kris and I are ready to celebrate survivors and bring awareness to breast cancer this month. I have a few suggestions to create simple ways to show support the whole month of October, without breaking the bank. We all know a breast cancer survivor, give them a hug today and make a promise that one day, this horrible disease will be GONE. I can't wait for the day that October ceases to be the month of Pink.
1. Turn your Facebook or Twitter profile picture PINK this month. Very easy to do; let's pink out our profiles!
2. Wear a pink ribbon every day, and tell people why you are wearing it. Talk about breast cancer, the more informed we are, the better off we will be.
3. Get your mammogram. Yes, ladies, make this month be your reminder that mammograms save lives. A simple, noninvasive procedure that all insurance policies cover. The most important pictures you will ever take.
4. Eat and drink Pink. Most restaurants will have a designated pink drink or pink dessert on their menus. With a portion of the proceeds to benenfit a local breast cancer organization. Ask the next you dine out; and if they don't have one, ask them to designate a menu item. SPREAD THE WORD
6. Host a "Girls Night In" to celebrate and fundraise. Organize a jewelry party, pampering party, or just a fun get-together that you can raise funds to help a friend who is battling breast cancer. Remember, it takes a village to raise a survivor.