These Hilarious ‘Late For Work’ Excuses Will Have You Crying In Laughter
I think we all know what it is like to not want to get out of bed for work in the mornings. As good as that cup of coffee smells or as annoying as the dog barking may be, the struggle to get up can be real.
For some folks, being late for work simply because they couldn't wake up just isn't a good enough excuse. They like to get a little vivid and creative with their explanations. Boy are some of them quite hilarious...
A new career builder survey, these are the ten weirdest 'late for work' excuses:
- A black bear was sleeping on the hood of my car.
- A new store had its grand opening, and I wanted to take advantage of the sales.
- All of my warm clothes were stolen.
- A Vaseline truck crashed on the highway, and cars were sliding all over the place.
- I had to finish watching "My Name Is Earl" (I will admit, I have no idea what this is)
- My pet lizard had to have emergency surgery and died. Then I had to mourn while deciding whether to let the vet dispose of the body, or bring it to work.
- My blow dryer set my hair on fire. (Honestly, not very far fetched!)
- I was detained by Homeland Security.
- I had to chase my cows back into the field. (This has actually happened to a friend.)
- I was going to quit, but then I decided not to!
I am pretty sure that out of all of these fantastic excuses, number ten is probably the best because it is straight to the point. We have all been late to work at least one time in our working lives. It happens. However, some of us are not nearly as creative as the folks who came up with these.
I will be the first to admit that my alarm didn't go off or I slept through it. I can be a very hard sleeper. I will also say that if I was on Interstate 10 and a 'Vaseline truck crashed' sending cars flying, I would totally have to get a picture as proof.
Have you ever used a wild excuse as to why you were late for work? If so, I want to know. I'm sure we can all use a good laugh!