Tulane Named Louisiana’s Best Party School — and Xavier as the State’s Worst
If you were picking your Louisiana colleges by the way they throw down, you might find yourself surprised after this week's new rankings by The Princeton Review. Tulane University was named as the most partyin' school in the Bayou State -- so much so that they actually made the Top 20.
It's hard to see the full list unless you want to sign up for a membership at the Princeton Review's website, but the organization released its Top 20 to the press today. According to this list, if you REALLY wanna party, you're going to have to go to Iowa:
Top 20 Party Schools
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, Calif.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Ill.
- West Virginia University, Morgantown W. Va. (last year's number one)
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
- Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wis.
- Penn State University, University Park, Pa.
- Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pa.
- University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.
- DePauw University, Greencastle, Ind.
- University of Mississippi, University, Miss.
- University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
- Miami University of Ohio, Oxford, Ohio
- University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
- Tulane University, New Orleans, La.
- University of Vermont, Burlington, Vt.
- University of Oregon, Eugene, Ore.
Now, let's say you're a bit more down-to-earth. Let's say you're looking for a more ... sober ... college experience. Princeton Review's got you covered there, too. There's a Louisiana school on that list, too -- though, getting into it will be easier if you're black and Catholic: It's Xavier University.
Top 20 Sober Schools
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Wheaton College, Wheaton, Ill.
- College of the Ozarks, Point Lookout, Mo.
- Thomas Aquinas College, Santa Paula, Calif.
- U.S. Military Academy, West Point, N.Y.
- Grove City College, Grove City, Pa.
- Wesleyan College, Macon, Ga.
- U.S. Coast Guard Academy, New London, Conn.
- U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md.
- Calvin College, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- City University of New York-Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- City University of New York-City College, New York City
- City University of New York-Queens College, Flushing, N.Y.
- Mills College, Oakland, Calif.
- Agnes Scott College, Atlanta/Decatur, Ga.
- Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, Needham, Mass.
- California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, Calif.
- Simmons College, Boston
- Wellesley College, Wellesley, Mass.
- Xavier University of Louisiana, New Orleans