WHAT JOB WERE YOU BORN TO DO
Are you doing the job you were meant to do?
Were You Born To Do Your Job?
Were you born into your job? Does being an only child give you a better shot at a corner office? A new study from CareerBuilder looks at how workers compare in terms of chosen profession, title and salary based on birth order, astrological sign and sibling status. Key findings include:
- An only child is more likely to earn six figures and is more likely to hold a C-level position (CEO, CFO, Senior VP, etc.), but workers with siblings are more likely to be satisfied in their jobs.
- Among workers with siblings, a first born child is the most likely to earn six figures and hold a C-level position while a last born child is the most likely to work in middle management. A middle child is the most likely to report holding an entry-level position and earning less than $35,000.
- An only child has a higher tendency toward working in technical and health-related fields and protective services. Firstborns tend to be drawn to government positions and science. Middle children lean toward public service and care-taking roles while the youngest in families prefer more creative roles and technology.
- Virgo, Aries and Scorpio signs are the most likely to earn six figures.
- Capricorn and Leo signs are the most likely to hold an upper management position (VP and above) with more Capricorns in C-level jobs. The Aries sign is the most likely to work in middle management while Aquarius is the most likely to hold an entry-level job.
- Virgo, Libra and Taurus signs are the most likely to report being satisfied in their jobs.
Professions That Draw Different Workers
While all workers will fall into different job levels, earning brackets and many different types of professions, there are certain job types that appear to attract some segments more than others.
Firstborn – government, information technology, engineering, science
Middle Child – law enforcement, fire-fighting, construction, education, personal care
Last Born – art/design/architecture, editing/writing, information technology, sales
Only Child – information technology, engineering, nursing, law enforcement
In Terms Of Astrological Signs:
- Capricorn – engineering, sales, food preparation, law enforcement, skilled trades
- Aquarius – sales, machine operation, military, construction, education, personal care
- Pisces – government, finance, mechanics, skilled trades, law enforcement, fire-fighting
- Aries – hotel/recreation, higher education, construction, engineering, government, information technology
- Taurus – government, legal professionals, healthcare, art/design/architecture, marketing/public relations
- Gemini – social work, food preparation, information technology, sales, law enforcement, fire-fighting
- Cancer – government, higher education, physicians, editing/writing, engineering,
- Leo – nursing, legal services, information technology, education, real estate
- Virgo – editing/writing, education, social work, military, sales
- Libra – engineering, machine operation, healthcare, art/design/architecture, finance, education
- Scorpio – science, attorney/judge, hotel/recreation, machine operation, education
- Sagittarius – information technology, editing/writing, lab technician, social work, education