Calcasieu Council on Aging Opens Cooling Centers Parishwide to Escape Hot Temperatures
The Calcasieu Parish Council on Aging announced it's trying to help get seniors out of the oppressive heat we've been facing over the last few weeks. They're opening "Cooling Centers" across the parish when you can duck in to get out of the sun.
All of the locations will be open today (Friday) from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and seniors are invited to come in and stay as long as they like.
- Iowa Senior Center -- 207 W. Hwy. 90, Iowa, 582-1592.
- Moss Bluff Senior Center -- 2868 Hwy. 171 North, 217-0500.
- Allen P. August Multi-Purpose Annex (North Location), 2000 Moeling St., 712-4020.
- Lake Charles Senior Center (Central Location), 1530 Fifth St., 433-0805.
- CCOA Main Office Complex, 3950 Hwy. 14, 474-2583.
- Westlake Senior Center, 2001 Jones St., Westlake, 436-6879.
- Sulphur Senior Center, 601 Maple St., Sulphur, 527-4574.
- Vinton Senior Center, 915 West St., Vinton, 589-3700.
Also, for more information, you can call the CCOA at 474-2583.