Louisiana Places That You Might Have to Be From to Pronounce
They exist in every state, but Louisiana, in my opinion, might have some of the worst. I remember MCing the Basile Swine Festival and attempting to pronounce some of the city names. I just knew I could nail them. I've lived in SWLA my entire life. Sadly, I was mistaken. Can you pronounce some of these that I found around the state?
1. Natchitoches - nah-codish
2. Tchoupitoulas - CHOP-a-too-lus
3. Tchefuncte - chew-funk-te
4. Pointe a la Hache - point-a-lah-hash
5. Plaqemines - PLACK-uh-mihn
6. Mermentau - mer-men-taw
7. Zwolle - Zuh-wally
So those are just a few. Have some better ones? Leave us a comment on Facebook or here and tell us the word AND how in the heck you pronounce it!