2023 Beauregard Watermelon Festival This Weekend in DeRidder
If you're looking for some sweet fun this weekend, the Beauregard Watermelon Festival will be taking place this weekend in DeRidder, Louisiana. They have everything you could want from food, games, rides, music, and so much more!
If you're wanting to compete in some of the events at the festival, they have loads of prizes you can win. They will also have a Carnival on the grounds where you can purchase bracelets for selected time slots for $25. Here is a list of some of the events you'll find at the Watermelon Festival.
- Watermelon Weiner Dog Derby
- Watermelon Relay Races
- Seed Spitting Competitions
- Watermelon Eating Competitions
- Watermelon Growing Classes
- Mullet Competition
- Baby Watermelon Crawl Contest
They will also feature TONS of Live Music over the weekend including Cajun French music and a singing competition. Each Night on the outdoor stage, there will be a Melon Voice Singing Competition which will be followed by Live Music on Friday and Saturday. On Friday Night, Danny Trahan & Rosewood Rockin will play at 6:30 followed by Jamie Bergeron & the Kickin' Cajuns to round out the night at 8:30. Saturday Night will feature the Clifton Swamp Band and Travis Matte & the Kingpins.
Check out the complete schedule by CLICKING HERE.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- They will have two air-conditioned buildings. The Expo Hall at the top of the hell and the newly renovated building near HWY 171.
- There will be an entry fee. To get into the festival will be $5 each day.
- There will be a large selection of vendors and will feature over 100 vendors.
- NO Pets are allowed. This excludes the competitors of the weenie dog races.