City of Lake Charles Resumes Recycling Services May 6
Since the stay-at-home order during this coronavirus situation, the city of Lake Charles recycling services have been suspended. However, services will resume starting this Wednesday, May 6, 2020.
The drop-off locations and Green Truck recycling will be at different locations around the city.
According to Katie Harrington with the city of Lake Charles, here are the things they accept at the recycling stations and truck drop-off locations.
Bagged aluminum cans, bagged tin cans, cell phones, bills, telephone books, boxes, plastics (limited amounts of No. 1 and 2), computer paper, envelopes, shredded paper, magazines, used ink cartridges, newspapers, used laser cartridges and cardboard.
Drop-off stations are located at 4331 E. Broad Street and open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm. Also, there is one located on Alma Lane behind the Nelson Ball Field and that one is open Monday through Saturday from 8:00am to 3:45pm.
There will be several locations where you can drop off your recyclables with the green truck.
- Wednesday: Kroger – 12th Street | 9:00am-3:45pm
- Thursday: K-Mart – Ryan and Sale Road | 9:00am-3:45pm
- Saturday: Walmart – Hwy. 14 | 8:00am-9:30am (Resuming May 9)
- Saturday: Prien Lake Mall – 10:00am-3:45pm (Resuming May 9)
- Monday: Walmart – North Hwy. 171 | 9:00am - 3:45pm (Resuming May 11)