Governor Edwards Announces Phase 3 Guidelines for Louisiana
Now that the state of Louisiana has moved forward to Phase 3, one question remains: What are the guidelines?
Governor John Bel Edwards made the announcement today:
Businesses that have been operating at 50% capacity can now move to 75%. This includes the following:
- Restaurants, cafes and coffee shops
- Shopping malls (including food courts, following restaurant guidance)
- Gyms and fitness centers
- Barber and beauty shops and nail salons
- Movie theaters
- Racetracks (not open to spectators)
- Museums (including children’s museums), zoos, aquariums (no tactile exhibits)
- Bars and breweries with LDH food permits
- Massage establishments, spas, and tattoo establishments (under strict guidance from LDH), esthetician services (under strict guidance from the Cosmetology Board)
- Pool halls, bowling alleys and skating rinks (children must be accompanied by an adult)
- Event Centers and wedding venues
- Outdoor playgrounds and play centers (children must be accompanied by an adult)
- Indoor Funerals and Weddings continued outdoor services with no crowd size limitation as long as social distancing is practiced.
Casinos and Video Poker Establishments will remain at 50% capacity (but limited to 75 percent of their gaming positions, with spacing to allow for social distancing and with enhanced sanitation).
Indoor events are limited to 50% capacity with up to 250 people, as well as with outdoor events.
Nursing home visits remain banned as well. LDH is finalizing plans for a pilot program that would allow outdoor visitations for nursing homes that are located in parishes with 5% positivity or less and zero cases in the last 14 days.
Bars WITHOUT LDH food permits: Parishes where positivity is 5% or below for two straight weeks can allow bars to open with 25% capacity with up to 50 people. Currently, only 5 out of 64 parishes meets that mark - Bienville, Jeff Davis, Orleans, St. John and Plaquemines. Local governments would have to approve or 'opt-in' before bars could open in those parishes. Only table side service seating will be allowed with no more than 50 customers outdoors. Bars will close by 11 p.m. People below the age of 21 will not be allowed in bars.
Alcohol will not be allowed to be served past 10 p.m.
LIVE MUSIC EVENTS are still prohibited.
High School football stadiums will be allowed to operate at 25% capacity.
The mask mandate remains in effect.
This Phase 3 order will last for 28 days, expiring October 9th.
You can WATCH the press conference BY CLICKING BELOW: