October is Here, Are You Prepared to be Annoyed?
Today is October 1. To some it's the start of fall, pumpkin spice everything, Halloween, and, for some, the start of their "Birthday Month". Here's a list of things that will probably annoy you this entire month!
1. A sudden influx of people posting that they are watching the movie Hocus Pocus. We get it, it was part of your childhood when it came out in 1993, it's a cult classic. Bette Midler was already an established actress, SJP had't had Sex in the City yet, and Kathy Najimy wasn't famous (she still isn't). This movie can also be substituted with annoying posts of watching The Nightmare Before Christmas.
2. Obviously Halloween means the holidays are coming quickly. Once November 1 gets here, we will kick into that mode. We don't need Christmas displays to come out until then (looking at you Hobby Lobby).
3. Constantly seeing posts about "where to buy :insert style: costume". When we all know the answer is a combination of Google and Amazon.
4. Places and cities you don't hear from all year long in your area suddenly have a "Haunted" something. Trail, tractor, outhouse, jail, or barn. Yea, your kids want to go to them all. That is, until they get there (after you pay for the tickets) and want to leave.
5. Instagram posts of people in flannel, boots, leggins, holding coffee. Hey, Carol, you live in Moss Bluff, it's 84 degrees today, and we know you're sweating while you're finding that perfect Snap chat filter.
6. That one person in your office that is just itching to break out the Christmas music so they start to play it randomly through their office computer speakers. They might start off with something soft, just to "feel the room", but you ignore it. Finally at the end of the week, they're just rocking 8 hours of the NSync Christmas Album. "Stop it Scott, we haven't even figured out where to get Timmy's Halloween costume yet, and no on is replying to my post on Westlake Uncensored".
Strap in boys and girls, it's going to be a long month.