Sandbag Locations In Calcasieu Parish
The weather over the last few weeks here in Southwest Louisiana has been all over the place, to say the least. Last week it was below 20 degrees, and now we are bracing for the potential of some flooding around our area.
Here is what the National Weather Service is saying as of Monday morning.
The Calcasieu Parish Police Jury has sand and bags available to residents free of charge at several parish locations.
The time to prepare is now. The Calcasieu Parish Police Jury has announced sandbags and sand are now available at locations around the parish. There are eight separate locations in Calcasieu Parish where residents can go fill and get sandbags for their property.
Sandbag locations and addresses:
- Former Old Tyme Variety Store location – 810 Ruth St., Sulphur
- Public Works East – 5500-B Swift Plant Road, Lake Charles (go to back gates located on James Sudduth Parkway)
- Ward 1 Barn – 461 Parish Road, Moss Bluff
- Ward 2 Barn – 7085 LA 14 East, Hayes
- Ward 3 Old Barn – 2302 Smith Road, Lake Charles
- Ward 5 Barn – 129 Third St., Starks
- Ward 6 Barn – 1275 Plum St., DeQuincy
- Ward 8 Barn – 1726 Parish Barn Road, Iowa.
Sand and bags are provided, but residents must bring their shovels and fill their bags. No other outside equipment will be allowed on sandbagging sites.
If lines are long, please limit sandbags to 15 per person. Residents can get back in line multiple times. Parish staff will be on-site to maintain safety operations and supplies.
Ten Items Prisoners Use For Money