School Closures in Southwest Louisiana
All eyes are on Laura in the Gulf of Mexico, and people are getting prepared for the worst but hoping for the best. With that being said, preparations all over Southwest Louisiana are being made.
One of those is the schools in the Southwest Louisiana area. Closures of schools all over the area have been announced. The first day of school in Calcasieu Parish was supposed to be yesterday, but since the tropics fired up with Marco and now Laura, decisions have been made for the schools to be closed.
We have you covered with a list of all the schools closed this week due to the storm.
- Calcasieu Parish public schools are closed right now through Friday, August 28
- Cameron Parish public schools are closed right now through Wednesday, August 26
- Lake Charles College Prep, Lake Charles Charter academy, and the Southwest Louisiana Charter Academy are now closed through Friday, August 28
- The Diocese of Lake Charles schools are closed so far through Wednesday, August 26
- Jeff Davis Parish public schools are closed through Friday, August 28
- Allen Parish public schools are closed through Friday, August 28
- McNeese State University classes will be online only through Friday, August 28
- Sowela Technical College classes closed so far through Wednesday, August 26
We also have the latest locations of all sandbag locations in the five-parish Southwest Louisiana area. Remember, you will need to bring your own shovel but bags and sand will be provided. We have the link for you below.