A crawfish boil is a common event all around Louisiana in the spring but there has been a tragedy from a crawfish boil in Krotz Springs in St. Landry Parish.
There was an explosion at a home in the parish leaving four people hurt.

St. Landry Parish President Jessie Bellard told KATC about the incident.

The Scott Fire Department also posted about the incident, asking for prayers.

 

Quick message from the Fire Chief.......

Prayers needed🙏

Four people were seriously injured earlier today, when an...

Posted by Scott Fire Department on Saturday, May 8, 2021

Reports indicate one of the victims had burns on 30%-40% of their body. Another victim suffered possible internal injuries.

What caused this explosion? Investigators believe a propane tank was leaking in a storage building at the home where the party was being held. It exploded once the crawfish boil was started. That shed collapsed on one of the victims who had to be cut out of the pile of debris.

LOOK: See the iconic cars that debuted the year you were born