Louisiana Swine Festival This Weekend In Basile, La Nov. 3-5
The Louisiana Swine Festival is coming your way this weekend, November 3rd thru the 5th, in Basile, Louisiana. This festival is over 50 years old, and is full of good food, a cook-off, carnival rides, and live entertainment all weekend.
The Louisiana Swine Festival starts this Friday with a talent show and live music from Geno Delasfose & French Rockin' Boogie. Saturday, there is music all day starting at 8:30 a..m while the Pork cook off is going on.
Here is the weekend lineup of entertainment for this year's festival:
Friday Nov 3rd, 2017
Geno Delafose and French Rockin’ Boogie -- 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Saturday Nov 4th
- Donnie Broussard & The LA Stars --8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Jam Session (acoustic only) -- 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Alphonse Ardoin & The Zydeco Kingz -- 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Perfectly Good Airplane -- 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m
- One Trick Pony -- 8:00 p.m. - midnight
- LSU vs Alabama game will be televised at the Fairgrounds 7.p.m
Sunday Nov 5th, 2017
Jamie Bergeron & The Kickin Cajuns -- 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Admission each day for the festival is $5 for adults and $3 for kids 5 and under. For more information about the festival or to enter the Talent contest or the Pork cook off go to their website below.