Mardi Gras Ball In Lake Charles Ends in Sickness at Casino
Yesterday, I kept seeing posts about people who attended a Mardi Gras Ball over the weekend winding up sick as a dog. I decided to dig around a bit and see it was really affecting as many people as it seemed.
According to the Department of Health, there were dozens of reported stomach-related illnesses after a Mardi Gras Krewe ball at L'auberge. The LA Dept. of Health made a statement that they are investigating the incident that happened over the weekend at the casino, and if there is a further threat to the public, they will proceed accordingly.
In typical Louisiana style and Mardi Gras Krewe style, the Krewe that was affected had shirts made about how their ball was so good it went "viral".
Michael Pendergast, L'auberge's GM made a statement for the resort's Facebook page.
L'Auberge du Lac [Casino Resort] is aware of reported incidents of a stomach-related illness among a few guests and team members. The comfort and safety of our guests and team members is always our paramount concern, and we are cooperating fully with the state health officials who are looking into the reports. In the meantime, we have stringent sanitation procedures in place. In addition, we are reminding guests and team members to regularly wash their hands and take other health safety precautions. We'll be continuing to monitor the situation closely.