Sand Bag Locations For Calcasieu Parish
Due to the current forecast for Southwest Louisiana with heavy rains and flooding possible, I decided to look up where to get sand bags in the area just in case your home or business may need them.
From the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury website, it says the sand and bags are available to the residents of Calcasieu Parish at seven different locations throughout the Parish of Calcasieu.
If you are in need of sand bags, the parish just asks that you bring your own shovel and they will provide the bags and the sand. The locations where you can get your sand and bags are:
- Ward 1 Barn 461 Parish Road, Moss Bluff, LA
- Ward 2 Barn 7085 Hwy 14 East, Hayes, LA
- Ward 3 Old Barn 2320 Smith Road, Lake Charles, LA
- Ward 3 PW Facility 5500 B Swift Plant Road, Lake Charles, LA
- Ward 4 PW Facility 2915 Post Oak Road, Sulphur, LA
- Ward 6 Barn 1275 Plum Street, DeQuincy, LA
- Ward 8 Barn 1726 Parish Barn Road, Iowa, LA
The current forecast is 90% chance of rain starting Tuesday afternoon increasing to 100% for Wednesday and night with 20-30 mph wind gusts and heavy downpours in certain areas. The flood threat increases on Wednesday and Thursday.
Stay tuned here for the latest updates.