The 10 Stages of Driving During A Louisiana Flood
With the way every road seems to flood when the humidity gets too high around here, I thought it might be a good idea to go through the 10 stages of driving anywhere in Louisiana during a flood, which is pretty much just another way of saying driving anywhere in Louisiana when it rains, because it always floods. Always.
It's part of our charm.
Anyway, here you go. If you've ever had to go to work despite every road being at the bottom of an ocean, you should be able to identify with this. And maybe laugh a little.
THE 10 STAGES OF DRIVING DURING A LOUISIANA FLOOD
- Don't do it!
- But my boss said...
- Don't care. Your car won't make it.
- Yeah, but "everyone else" made it in.
- That's because everyone else drives a truck. Because Louisiana.
- But work said it'll go on my permanent record!
- What are you, twelve? Shut up. Stay home.
- Maybe if I just try to drive down the middle of the road...
- Good idea. Watch out for the wake from that pick-up doing 50 in a 35, though.
And that's pretty much how it goes every time it floods here, which is usually every time it rains here. Because having adequate road drainage is something that happens to other states.
Good times, Louisiana.