The FDA Added Five More Names to Toxic Hand Sanitizers List
The FDA just added five more names to its list of toxic hand sanitizers you should throw out immediately.
Last month, they said nine types made in Mexico tested positive for methanol, which is extremely toxic. All five of the new ones were made in Mexico, too. So check your bottles.
Here are the new brands they say to avoid:
- Grupo Insoma's Hand Sanitizer Gel.
- Transliquid Technologies' Mystic Shield Protection.
- Bersih Hand Sanitizer Gel. It's made by a company called "Soluciones Cosmeticas."
- Antiseptic Alcohol 70% Topical Solution, made by the same company.
- Britz Hand Sanitizer, made by a company called Tropicosmeticos.
If enough methanol gets into your skin, it can cause all kinds of issues, like nausea, headaches, blurry vision, seizures, and blindness. Too much can even kill you.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app