If you are planning to file for out of zone during the 2020-2021 school year, here is what the Office of Child Welfare and Attendance wants you to know.

Here's some of what you will need to file for out of zone.

  • Address Verification Required
  • Custody Papers
  • Birth Certificate
  • SSN Card
  • Health Record
  • Academic Record

Parents or Guardians can start this process on March 16, 2020 for the 2020-2021 school year. Friday, May 29. 2020 will be the deadline to have all appropriate paperwork turned into Child Welfare and Attendance. You can request an out of zone form to be mailed to you at cwainfo@cpsb.org.

Child Welfare and Attendance will no longer make copies for parents or guardians, so you will need to bring your own. This will help speed up the process. Out of zone applications will not be accepted at the schools. Applications will only be accepted by either mailing in the application or physically turning it into the Office of Child Welfare and Attendance, 2423 Sixth Street, Lake Charles, LA 70601.

More From Gator 99.5