Updated Guidelines for Bars to Safely Reopen Released
As more Parishes throughout Acadiana meet the state requirements for bars to reopen in Phase 3, Louisiana has updated and released guidelines to safely reopen.
Louisiana's newly updated OpenSafely guidelines and rules were released yesterday for bars and restaurants to follow when their Parish opts in to begin reopening.
Bars and other Class AG permit holding businesses are eligible in Parishes that have maintained a 5% or less positivity rate for COVID-19 infections for at least two consecutive weeks prior to September 11.
Below are the updated guidelines from KATC.com -
1. Customers must be seated for table service and stay seated.
2. Bar capacities are 25% with a maximum of 50 people inside and a maximum of 50 people outside.
3. Bars must end alcohol sales and close to customers by 11 p.m.
Restaurant capacities are 75% with alcohol sales ending at 11 p.m.
4. In restaurants, all alcohol sales must be accompanied by food sales.
5. Masking is required for all when not consuming food or beverage
6. Live music is allowed outside only.
7. Bar games, including but not limited to pool, darts, shuffleboard and cornhole, are prohibited.