Lake Charles Police Holding Recruiting Event Sept. 24
Are you looking for a career or looking to make a change in your current career? Well, I may have just the thing for you! The Lake Charles City Police has announced that they will be testing new candidates on September 24 in the next recruiting event.
Candidates will have to go through the Lake Charles Police Department's (LCPD) physical agility test. The test consists of running a half of a mile, sit-ups and pushups.
Deputy Chief Mark Kraus of the LCPD says the minimum requirements for consideration include:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must have no felony convictions. (Certain misdemeanors are also disqualifying.)
- Must pass a thorough background investigation, including a polygraph
Kraus said that all candidates coming out for the recruitment event should wear workout attire and bring a towel and change of clothing in case of inclement weather.
The Lake Charles Police recruitment event will be held on the first floor of the Lake Charles Civic Center in the Exhibition Hall. The event will begin at 8:00am sharp.