6 Weird Louisiana World Records
But we also hold records for some pretty weird stuff, and I'm not talking about the largest king cake or largest voodoo doll, which we hold the record for as well. I'm talking about some really bizarre things, like the world record for the men's waterskiing slalom, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Here are the 6 weirdest Louisiana world records:
- The largest fruit cobbler was made at the Hampton Inn in Ruston on June 27, 2015. This fruit filled pastry weighed in at 2,251 lbs and was made with 819 lbs of peaches.
- At the 2015 Central City Festival Big Freedia broke the record for most people twerking simultaneously by getting 406 people to bounce their booties in unison.
- The worlds largest toothpick sculpture is of an alligator named Alley that resides in Prarieville, Louisiana. Alley is made with over 3 million toothpicks and weighs a whopping 292 lbs.
- In February 2012 850 people and mattress tumbled into the Guinness World Records with the largest human mattress dominoes in the world.
- Not only are we home to the largest jambalaya, but also the worlds largest macaroni and cheese. The 2,469 lbs of mac and cheese contained 575 lbs of macaroni and 286 lbs of cheese.
- The worlds fastest crocheter, Lisa Guidry, set the record in Monroe, Louisiana by stitching 5,118 in just 30 minutes.
You can check out some of the other world records that have been set in Louisiana by taking a peek on the Guinness World Records website.