Don’t Eat These 5 Things If You’re Taking A Drug Test, You Will Probably Fail
I've had to take a drug test one time in my life, and you know what? I wasn't even on drugs and I was terrified that I would fail.
I don't know why, but there's something about peeing in a cup that stresses me out. I probably prepared for that drug test more thoroughly than any test I took in college. And by "prepare" I mean I drank so much water that I had to ask the nurse if I could cut in line to take my test, because I thought I was going to pee my pants.
After I did what I had to do the nurse told me I had the "clearest urine she'd ever seen." Yeah, I drank so much water that I literally pee'd straight water. I couldn't decide if I was embarrassed or proud of my clear pee, but in the end I passed the test and got the job, so that's really all that matters.
A drug test is the one test you definitely don't want to fail, especially if your job depends on it. And according to LiveScience.com, there are a number of non-drug related things that can cause you to fail drug tests. So, to be sure you'll pass with flying colors try staying away from these five things.
- Poppy Seeds - Everyone makes the "don't eat a poppy seed bagel before your drug test" joke, but seriously, don't eat a poppy seed bagel before your drug test. Studies found that if you eat poppy seeds two hours before your drug test you can test positive for opium.
- Tonic Water - I know what you're thinking "there's no way tonic water is bad unless it's mixed with gin", but the truth is even a small glass of tonic water can cause you to fail your drug test. This tasty little beverage contains quinine, which is used to treat malaria, but it is also is sometimes mixed with street drugs. So, if you know you're about to take a drug test try sticking to regular water for the day.
- Decongestants - If you're feeling a little stuffy the day of your drug test you're just going to have to suffer through it, because cold medicine can actually make you test positive for meth. Yeah, testing positive for meth is never a good look. Also, be weary of antibiotics, they can make it look like you're on heroin.
- Ibuprofen - I know worrying about a drug test can be taxing, but if it gives you a stress headache, whatever you do, don't take Advil. A high dose of Ibuprofen can make your drug test come back positive for marijuana. So, if you have a headache take aspirin of Tylenol.
- Baby Soap - I'm not sure why you'd be using baby soap as a grown adult, maybe you have sensitive skin or maybe you just like that baby fresh smell, either way don't use it if you have a drug test. No one knows exactly why, but some types of baby soap will make it look like you're a pothead.
Now that we know about a handful of things to steer clear of before a drug test, you should probably know that there are a few other things that could mess up your results. I'm not trying to scare you or anything, but I know you don't want that test coming back positive, so check out LiveScience.com's 9 Weird Ways You Can Test Positive For Drugs.