Things You Need To Know For Buddy Russ Benefit This Sunday, Feb 5 in Sulphur, Louisiana
This Sunday, Southwest Louisiana will come together to support one of our own. Friends and family are putting on a huge benefit for Russ Conrad better known as Your Buddy Russ as he is known on the radio.
Russ's cancer has come back with a vengeance and he has been either in the hospital or in bed since November of 2022 and has not been able to do the one thing he loves the most which is do his show on the radio on Gator 99.5.
Friends and family have been working very hard over the past month to put this benefit on for him this Sunday, February 5th at Wayne's Deli and bar located on Highway 27 South in the SUlphur/ Carlyss area.
We have been having a lot of people asking us questions about the event so we wanted to give you all the answers you need to know right here.
- The benefit doors open at 11:00 am on Sunday, February 5th, and run until
- You must be 18 or older to enter
- There is a $20 admission for all who attend including volunteers. Your $20 cover charge will include all the food you can eat
- There will be a silent auction starting at 11:00 am and will shut down at 4:00 pm before the live auction
- The live auction will take place from 4:30 pm until 5:30 pm with some really nice items including guns, hunting and fishing trips, autographed memorabilia, beer neon lights, and so much more.
- Additional parking will be available at the West Cal Arena parking lot with a trolley shuttle running every 30 minutes.
A poker run will take place on Sunday morning. Here is the info below
There will be live music all day starting at 11:00 am and here is the entire lineup.
- 11:00 am to 12:00 --- Gator 99.5 music
- 12:00 pm to 12:45 pm -- Brad Brinkley
- 1:00 pm to 1:45 pm -- Greg Blanchard
- 2:00 pm to 3:15 pm--Six String Rodeo feat. Chris Breaux, Judd Bares, & Blaine Roy
- 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm -- Jamie Bergeron & The Kickin' Cajuns
- 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm -- LIVE AUCTION
- 5:30 pm 6:15 pm ---- John Dale Hebert & Friends
- 6:30 pm to 7:15 pm --- Charlie Wayne
- 7:30 pm to 8:15 pm --- Johnny Jimenez
if you can't make it to the benefit, you can donate here to
We hope to see everyone there.