I am BLANK Years Old
A new trend in the social media world is to post how old you are by giving references to the things that were around during your "younger" years. I think it's absolutely hilarious and gives us all that bit of nostalgia. Whether you are "McAlisters Deli" old or "Shakey's Pizza" old.
I turned to Facebook last night on a whim, asking my friends how "old" they are. The results were a HUGE trip down memory lane. I started it off with
I am CM Tower, Birds Pets & Things, and Western Sizzlin' years old
Then came the responses!
1. When Walmart didn't sell groceries
2. Delchamps in Sulphur
3. K&B in the mall and Mere's Trailer Park
4. Poncho's on Ryan Street
5. Bonanza and Ryan St Grand Prix
6. Chula Vista and TG&Y
7. Perry's on Oakpark Boulevard near the Cinema 3
8. Zack's Frozen Yogurt and Service Merchandise was new
9. Montgomery Ward in the Mall, dimes in your penny loafers, K&B
10. **This one is from my Radio Idol Dale Mann** A&W, Tastee Freeze, Billups (Dale Mann is OLD)
11. Auto-Reverse in a car
12. New Moon Drive-In Theater
13. Saw Robocop, Platoon, and Jaw's at the Oakpark Cinema 6
14. Curtis Mathis
15. Finally have a college email so I can join Facebook
16. Circuit City and Peppers years old.
We all are old. As long as we stay young at heart, nothing can stop us!