SWLA Tells Us What They Would Do With Their Lottery Winnings
We have all daydreamed about what we would do if we won the lottery. Both the Mega Millions and Powerball lottery games are boasting huge jackpots right now.
The Mega Millions jackpot sits at $615 million and the drawing is tonight, January 12. The Powerball sits at $550 million and the next drawing is Wednesday, January 13. That is over a half a billion dollars, y'all.
If you decide to take the cash out option for Powerball, it is $411.4 million dollars. The Mega Millions cash out option is at $451.8 million
The big question we posed to you is what would you do if you won either one of these jackpots? What would be your first extravagant purchase for yourself? Here are some of the things you said you would do. Our mobile app chat blew up with all sorts of responses.
- DJ from Lake Charles said a race horse.
- Valerie from Lake Charles said a trip to a African safari and Australia.
- Brandi from Lake Charles said, "I would start a school for kids with learning disabilities that wouldn’t cost families anything."
- Sondra from Lake Charles said, "If I won, I would hire an attorney and disappear."
- Laura from Orange said, "I want the biggest brand new Lexus SUV."
- Tabitha from Sulphur said, "I would buy a huge condo in Florida for me and all my friends to share!!!! #floridalife."
There you go. Now go buy you some lottery tickets and make that dream come true. Good luck tonight and tomorrow night.
Oh, and don't forget to take care of your poor radio DJ when you win.