Instead Of A Birthday Party, Local Girl Will Hold Food Drive For Homeless Dogs [VIDEO]
Kennedy Miller and her mom have been fostering dogs for 4 Paws Society and Lake Charles Pitbull Rescue for several years and currently have 4 foster dogs at their home.
They have created a Facebook page to promote their foster dogs looking for new homes.
Kennedy's birthday was in October and just like most kids her afternoons and weekends had her on the soccer field or the softball diamond and that left little time for a birthday party, so she asked her mom if she could have a food drive for the rescue dogs .
Saturday, February 11 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
1709 W. Prien Lake Rd, Suite A,
Kennedy has requested the following types of donations:
- All types of healthy dog food, both dry and canned, for puppies, adult & senior dogs
- All types of dog treats, especially "pill pockets" for the doggies who need medicine
- Any dog supplies like collars, leashes, toys, bedding, etc.
- Gift cards to businesses that sell dog food would be fine if you don't know what to buy.
- Checks and cash donations will be accepted and checks can be made out to either "4 Paws Society" or "Lake Charles Pitbull Rescue" --Please put these donations in an envelope with your name and return address on the envelope so we can send thank you notes---they can be dropped off at Southside Animal Hospital from February 6-11th and their staff will keep the donations safe.